1. It is a requirement of the TGA that in the event of a product recall, all insulin pumps are traceable. Consequently, it is the responsibility of the pump user to inform Roche Diabetes Care Australia Pty Limited (RDCA) of any change of contact details.
2. The Accu-Chek Solo micropump system comprises of the Accu-Chek Solo diabetes manager (handset) and the Accu-Chek Solo micropump (pump base), the Accu-Chek Solo insertion device as well as consumable items (cannula assembly, pump holder and reservoir items). Any technical enquiries or error messages associated with the Accu-Chek Solo micropump system must be reported immediately to the 24 hour Accu-Chek Insulin Pump Hotline (1800 633 457).
3. The warranty period for the Accu-Chek Solo diabetes manager (handset) is 4 years from the date of purchase. The warranty period for each Accu-Chek Solo micropump (pump base) is 4 months from the date paired with the Accu-Chek Solo diabetes manager (handset). The product warranties are personal to the original user only. RDCA warrants the Accu-Chek Solo diabetes manager (handset) and Accu-Chek Solo micropump (pump base) against defects in materials and workmanship for the warranty period specified. During the relevant warranty period, RDCA will, at its discretion, either repair or replace the relevant product, subject to the conditions and exclusions stated in these terms and conditions of sale. In the event that the product is repaired or replaced under warranty, the warranty period will not be extended. Any sale, rental or other transfer of use of products covered by warranty to or by a person other than the original user shall cause the warranty to immediately terminate.
4. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
5. The Accu-Chek Solo diabetes manager (handset) should be kept in a suitable protective carry case/pouch to avoid accidental damage and protect against wear and tear. The Accu-Chek Solo micropump (pump base) should be removed as per guidance in the User’s Manual for situations where damage or malfunction could occur (e.g swimming/showering, contact sports and where electro-magnetic or other interference sources exist).
6. It is strongly recommended that the pump user obtain portable goods coverage on their home contents insurance policy (or other insurance as relevant) and/or travel insurance policy to cover the cost of the components of the Accu-Chek Solo micropump system. The pump user should consider their own personal situation and needs when taking out any insurance.
7. Should any parts of the Accu-Chek Solo micropump system be lost/damaged through intentional or unintentional misuse/mishandling, any repair or replacement to the pump is not covered under warranty and will be at the expense of the pump user or their parent/guardian. The Accu-Chek Solo diabetes manager (handset) and the Accu-Chek Solo micropump (pump base) are not waterproof. These items should never be immersed in water. Any damage caused by immersion in water or other liquid is not covered under warranty.
8. Whilst we attempt to deliver any replacement items as a priority it is critical that all users determine a backup insulin therapy plan with their diabetes healthcare professional in the event of any disruption to their routine insulin delivery and daily diabetes management.
9. Only Accu-Chek Solo consumable items (including appropriate Accu-Chek blood glucose test strips) should be used with the Accu-Chek Solo micropump system.
10. Users of the Accu-Chek Solo micropump system who require a replacement Accu-Chek Solo diabetes manager (handset) or Accu-Chek Solo micropump (pump base) in the event of loss or accidental/deliberate damage should be aware the cost of the diabetes manager is AUD$500 and the cost of the pump base is AUD$650.