This is a tasty and satisfying oatmeal recipe! This recipe is portioned for a single serving, but can easily be tripled for a quick and easy breakfast throughout the week. Although it may sound unusual, the egg is the secret ingredient in this recipe. Adding an egg to your oats will pack it with protein and create a creamy consistency.
Always consult your Health Care Professional to check if this recipe is right for you.
Ingredients – Serves 1
• ¼ cup steel cut oats (not instant)
• ¾ cup (180 mL) water
• 1 egg
• ½ cup blueberries
• ½ cup strawberries
• ¼ apple
• 1 tbsp almond butter
• ¼ tsp cinnamon
• Pinch of salt
• Optional: If strawberries aren’t your preference, try adding bananas or another fruit of your choice
1. Add water and oats to a pan and boil until the oats reach a thick consistency (5 minutes).
2. While the oats are cooking, cut the apple into bite-sized pieces, then do the same with the strawberries.
3. After the oats have absorbed most of the water, crack egg into the pot and add a pinch of salt. Make sure to constantly stir your oats after adding the egg (allowing the egg to sit will turn it into scrambled eggs). Once the egg is fully incorporated, pour cooked oatmeal into a bowl.
4. Add apple bites, strawberries, and blueberries. Top with almond butter and a dusting of cinnamon to your preference.
Calories: 333 kcal | Protein: 13 g | Fat: 15 g | Carbohydrates: 41 g | Fibre: 8 g | Sodium: 226 mg
Created for Roche and reviewed by our in-house nutritionist.